Saturday, December 6, 2008

Halfway there..

Well, more than halfway.
Finals. The halfway mark for this year.
The LAST year.
((I told you I'd finish up eventually dad....))

I've been up all night working on a Type & Image promo piece, but I'm super excited about it.
Plus some other things in the works that will be finishing up soon- so keep checking:)

In the meantime- I ran a portion of an after school art program at Clinton School in Chelsea this semester. We did a public art project with the kids that will be displayed outside of their auditorium for their Christmas open house. The kids were a blast- they were all middle schoolers & way cooler than we ever were. They all created birds ((they're everywhere lately)), starting with newspaper & tape, ending with fabric, glitter, tassels- you name it. They shocked us with their creativity & enthusiasm. It reminded me that while I don't want to be a teacher, I do need to find a kids program to be a part of. It keeps me in tune with everything I loved about art before I worried about having a career.

This was my example to show them. Please pardon the not so wonderful photograph.


& because Elena & I were pretty artistically particular & proud of our holiday creation:

No comments: