Thursday, August 27, 2009

Journey to Cyprus- 5 days to go...

Who thought it would be a countdown to home so quickly?? A month is long enough to no longer be a vacation. I've gotten used to the lifestyle here...not to mention that having people take care of you with home cooking, frappes & fruit, laundry, transportation & adventures for SO long is enough to spoil anyone...

I went parasailing above the Mediterranean Sea yesterday (but didn't tell Yiayia..)....it was such a peaceful rush...if such an oxy-moron exists.

The women in the village are trying to marry me off to a Cypriot so I can travel back & forth more often. My cousin informed me I'm just not going home. Nitsa wants to adopt me, & everyone else has offered homes & beds for the next visit.....

We did a trip to Ayia Napa, one to Lefkosia, & today I'm in Larnaka. I'm in need of a few more days at the beach so people believe I was here for a month. I can't even wrap my head around everything I have done & seen on this trip....

Life keeps moving on in the village & will continue to do so when we leave, but there are so many images, words & moments that will come back to New York.

No comments: